Civil Engineering Intern
Foundation Systems of Michigan, Michigan’s largest foundation repair and basement waterproofing contractor, is currently accepting applications for a Civil Engineering Intern.
The civil engineering internship is an excellent opportunity for career minded individuals on a geotechnical or structural engineering path. The civil engineering intern will work under the direct guidance and supervision of a licensed professional engineer in the State of Michigan.
- Follow design procedures for typical foundation repair solutions
- Follow, create, and improve engineering spreadsheets used in design of typical
- Make supplemental site visits to residential customers to field verify scope of
work and to verify engineering parameters used in design
- Generate engineering drawings based on field measurements and proposed
scope of work
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering plans and specifications
- Effective administrative and time management skills
- Willingness to work outside
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, and ability to multi-task
- Must be enrolled in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technician program
- Basic understanding of computer-aided design programs including AutoCAD
- Basic understanding of soil mechanics and soil behavior
- Basic understanding of building loads and load path determination
- Basic familiarity with Michigan Residential Building Code requirements
- Ability to communicate engineering principles clearly and effectively
- Candidate possesses Engineer-in-Training certificate
- Candidate has practical experience with residential home construction and or
- Candidate is fluent in Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, and SketchUp
At FSM we redefine our industry not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We highly value our employees and strive to make our company a great place to work. We offer a fun and family-oriented environment, a casual dress policy, the tools and training you need to get the job done the right way, and a competitive pay and benefits package. If you think you’d be a great fit on our team, we’d love to have you apply now through the link above.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITIONApply Now!
- Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plans
- Flexible Spending
- Opportunities to Give Back
- Branded Apparel
- Special Events & More